Living at the Junction at College Station comes with many benefits — especially compared with on-campus dorm living. Here, you enjoy a large spacious apartment and access to amenities like a resort-style pool, outdoor gathering and grilling areas, and a fitness center with state-of-the-art exercise equipment. But what thing you don’t get, is wake-up and walk to the campus cafeteria for included breakfasts.
Having a solid breakfast is one of the best ways to start your day. Sure, you shouldn’t load up on carb-heavy foods that’ll make you go into a food coma. But what you should do is take a moment and prepare yourself a light, healthy breakfast in your kitchen. Study after study has linked eating a healthy breakfast with boosted metabolism, better memory and concentration, and reduced risk of diabetes and heart disease. Breakfast, as its very name suggests, is important as it breaks the fasting that occurs when we are asleep. It provides necessary sugar, nutrients, and energy to make your muscles and brain work as they should.
So, now is the time to get in the habit of preparing yourself a solid, nutritious breakfast every morning. Get started today with these easy yet healthy breakfast recipes:
5 Healthy Breakfast Recipes for the Busy College Student
- Morning Glory Overnight Oats. Some of us are not morning people. If you are already in a rush when you wake up, with just enough time to grab a shower and your books before you need to rush out the door, then you will love this recipe. That’s because you actually prep it the night before. With overnight oats, you throw together rolled oats, milk, and whatever else you desire. This recipe includes raisins and maple syrup and is a good place to start. But don’t be shy about going your own way once you get the hang of it.
- Ham and Cheddar Lunch Box Muffins. This is another great recipe for those who hate cooking in the morning. With these lunch box muffins, you prep and bake the day before. Then, you have a horde of breakfasts and snacks to enjoy over the coming days. Muffins also have the added benefit of being easy to grab, pack, and eat wherever your day takes you. As with overnight oats, there are many different recipes for breakfast-oriented muffins. We just happen to like this savory one the most. Ham, cheddar, and chives… hearty and delicious!
- Avocado Toast. There are a lot of memes about hipsters and avocado toast, but the truth is that it makes for a solid and nutritious breakfast. This cute comic has the right of it, avocados simply are among the best type of fatty food you could eat. Avocados contain a lot of fiber, which helps make you feel fuller longer, and nearly twenty vitamins and minerals. Plus, with some spices, they are downright delicious. Think they’re too expensive? Head over to the nearby Aldi store in Byron for good deals on avocados and other produce. Then, try some of these recipes for a filling, healthy, and tasty breakfast (or afternoon, pick-me-up snack).
- Freezer-friendly breakfast burritos. One of the great things about Texas is all the delicious Mexican and Tex-Mex foods, restaurants, and food trucks available. But if you’re not feeling like heading down to your nearby food truck to grab a breakfast burrito, then try this recipe. Packed with egg, cheese, and meat wrapped in a flour tortilla, this is one energy-building food item. Make one and eat in the moment, or make ten and enjoy a whole week of grab-and-go snacks.
- Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes. The above are great short and sweet recipes, ones perfect for breakfast on the go. But hopefully, you aren’t always in a rush to get out the door. For those days when you do have some time on your hands and want to make a filling, healthy breakfast, but one that’s not defined by bacon and eggs, this recipe is perfect. It is sweet, it is salty, these Southwestern Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a great way to say hello to a good morning.
Having Issues With Your Kitchen Appliances? Contact Our Maintenance Staff
The kitchen is one of the things that many of our residents love about their college apartment at the Junction of College Station campus. Where in dorm rooms you’re lucky to fit in a microwave, here you get to enjoy every modern-day appliance and then some. Every year, we do a thorough inspection of the apartments and their appliances to ensure everything is working and replacing those appliances that aren’t. That said, things happen and if you have a malfunctioning appliance, don’t hesitate to contact our front staff. We’ll send a maintenance team at your earliest convenience so you can go on enjoying that kitchen and every other part of your life here at the Junction of College Station.